Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I report Home business use for K1-partnership income (Self employment)?

The partner is material and get K1- partnership as SE income 

For Un reimbursement business expense (UBE) related to K1 partnership income Self Employment

Home Business use form 8829 : how can I report allowed home business use  link with K1-UBE? 

I searched google: other tax software has link home business use with K1-UBE, but not Professional Proseries 

I read the tax questions in community, stated that because the  IRS government has only instruction to link form 8829 to sche C and/or sch F but not K1. They also indicated to work around to fill out 8829 and manually enter the number on line 10 of supplemental business expense worksheet sche E. But the issue that no gross income sche C linked with this form 8829, therefore form 8829 has no home business allowed on line 36 

So how can we work around it ? Can I enter home business expenses computed manually without form 8829 and entered the number on line 10 of supplemental business expense worksheet sche E.

Any expert or experienced tax professional helps me . 

Thank you

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dascpa
Level 11

Partnership instructions say to use the Form 8829 worksheet in the instructions to compute the home office deduction. You can then transfer the bottom line to the UPE worksheet or the detail of the 8829.  What's interesting is there is no mention of the safe harbor $5/sq ft.  I'm finding more and more clients using it (easier, less to audit, and pretty close to the actual).

View solution in original post

2 Comments 2
dascpa
Level 11

Partnership instructions say to use the Form 8829 worksheet in the instructions to compute the home office deduction. You can then transfer the bottom line to the UPE worksheet or the detail of the 8829.  What's interesting is there is no mention of the safe harbor $5/sq ft.  I'm finding more and more clients using it (easier, less to audit, and pretty close to the actual).

Thank you so much dascpa

Did you mention "Under the safe harbor method, a taxpayer is allowed to take a $5 per square foot deduction for the home office, up to a maximum 300 square feet". That should be checked Frame box "Simplified Method selected 2023"

0 Cheers