Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Base Questions

Chipper1968
Level 2

After E-filing a client and then I prepare a bill and re-save the cleint the "EF Accepted" no longer shows in Home Base?  Been like this for years - Would be nice if it did as it definitely makes it easier to look over the Home Base to make sure who has been E-Filed and Accepted vs Not Being??

5 Comments 5
dkh
Level 15

I agree.   Client billed should be moved up above the Efiled info on the Client Status Worksheet.  I don't wait to bill client or receive payment until after e-filing.  

taxes96786
Level 9

I fill in the client status box with what I want it to say. I don't efile until paid either.

0 Cheers
Accountant-Man
Level 13

Since we're not allowed to stockpile returns, I always efile after receiving signatures,  even before payment. 

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
dkh
Level 15

@Accountant-Man      The lay out of the Client Status Worksheet would indicate EFILING is before BILLING and RECEIVED PAYMENT.     The last 4 lines in the Client Status Worksheet would make more sense to be above the efiling lines and by moving those up the Status in Homebase would show Efiled Accepted as final status instead of BILLED or PAID.   

I'm not saying I wouldn't efile a return if 8879s are in but payment wasn't received.

0 Cheers
Accountant-Man
Level 13

There are Client Status sheets dates that you can add to the Home Base.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
0 Cheers