Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has the Residential Nonbusiness Energy Property Credit been extended for 2018?

MartyE
Level 1
Skylight.  I have read where Turbo tax indicates that there is a 10% tax credit for energy efficiency improvements.  The software I am using Proseries 2018 doe not have the nonbusiness energy property credit updated on form  5695
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
sjrcpa
Level 15

No it has not been extended

Ex-AllStar

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
9 Comments 9
sjrcpa
Level 15

No it has not been extended

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

TurdoTax is, again, wrong....

There IS talk of possibly retroactively extending these things, but I wouldn't hold my breath for it to happen any time soon.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
But TurdoTax could be like ProSeries - the section is left on the 5695 with a billboard plastered over it sayiing that it is only good if they change the law.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
TurboTax has a place to enter it, like PS does...but it doesn't carry over to the 1040, like PS

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
I think ppl dont like to read.
0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15
True. How many times are the answers to people's questions in the form instructions?

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Where do you people find instructions?  Do you have to pay an extra fee to someone to get them?

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15
They're FREE!

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
I heard the word FREE and rushed over, since you don't hear that word here very often.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers