Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has ProSeries forgotten about farmers and the March 1st deadline

Lukepccpa
Level 3

Has ProSeries decided that farmers and the March 1st return aren't important any more?  I have farm returns backing up in my office because there are Federal forms not releasing until 03/03/22 and my home state of Missouri has the Form MO-2210 and Form MO-1040V not final until March 3rd.

I can't even print a Missouri return for manual filing if it has the Form MO-2210 in it!

What's going on here?  I'm not buying the "the taxing authority has not released the forms" excuse because I have a friend that uses ProConnect and the forms I'm waiting on in ProSeries are all available in ProConnect.  Looks to me like ProSeries is being treated like a red headed stepchild and ignored by Intuit.

This is the second year in a row that ProSeries has put me up against the wall by not releasing forms in a timely manner for the March 1st deadline.   Release the forms!

13 Comments 13
PATAX
Level 15

Did they drop the ball 🏈???  I don't know I'm just asking.🚜

0 Cheers
Lukepccpa
Level 3

Oh they dropped the ball all right.  The question is why.  The Form MO-1040V and the Form MO-2210 are the most basic forms in the world that haven't changed for probably 20 years.

PATAX
Level 15

Same thing up here with the local wage tax return. It hasn't changed since Moby was a minnow, but still an issue. What a joke. Just my opinion.

Lukepccpa
Level 3

I just had a conversation with a very nice lady at in support.  I told her that I knew there is nothing she could do and she's not the one responsible, but this issue needs to be run up the chain of command ASAP and fixed.  I guess that's the only option at this point.  Raise hell until somebody pays attention and fixes it.  Maybe if enough people speak up we can get it addressed.

Would sure be nice to hear from a ProSeries rep on here at his point.

IRonMaN
Level 15

"Would sure be nice to hear from a ProSeries rep on here at his point."

It sure would, but that isn't going to happen. 

Slava Ukraini!
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

"Moby was a Minnow" - bwahahaha!! Now that is hilarious!!!

dlcoatscpa
Level 3

I tried calling and the ProSeries rep told me that there is nothing she can do.  I was frustrated at the 3/3 date for both MO and KC.  At first she told me the IRS gives them the deadlines, then changed it to the State gives them the deadline.  I informed her that Missouri and KC do NOT talk to each other and there is no way both would have come up with the same date.  She told me that I should express my problem in the "feedback" box of the survey.  I let her know that I have been suggesting a change for about 15 years using the "feedback" box and it has been ignored for 15 years.   

cpa72
Level 3

Its interesting to hear that the forms are available in ProConnect and not yet available in ProSeries.  I am a ProSeries user and am feeling the same frustration with the role out dates.  Can not yet finalize  a C Corp because the 8879 C is not final.  Ugh.

It does seem like intuit is quietly telling us to move to ProConnect.  Similiar to moving from QB Desktop to QBO.  Hmmm.

dkh
Level 15

@cpa72 wrote:

It does seem like intuit is quietly telling us to move to ProConnect.  Similiar to moving from QB Desktop to QBO.  Hmmm.

I had similar thought  - that maybe Intuit will drop ProSeries Professional to invest more into Turbo Tax and Lacerte.  

Lukepccpa
Level 3

It's really amazing that ProSeries is blowing up a deadline (March 1st) and it really seems like they don't care.  Especially since there is no such thing as filing an extension for March 1st.

0 Cheers
rcooley25
Level 11

It is not only the farmers they have forgotten all of us or so it seems.

Lukepccpa
Level 3

I can handle the other delays because I can always wait for the forms to release or file an extension.  

There is no extension for the March 1st deadline for farmers.

PATAX
Level 15

@Lukepccpa @rcooley25 @dkh @cpa72 @dlcoatscpa @garman22 I think Intuit is better than this, and in my opinion this is a joke.. .. Hopefully they will put this on the fast track to a speedy update.. . Just my humble opinion...