Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone noticed that the tax advice within the Client Presentation Tool isn't necessarily correct?

Jen73
Level 2

I just previewed this advice for a client that turns 72 in 2022. It gives 2 pieces of advice regarding her RMD. The first is that she turned 70 1/2 in 2021 and that she needs to take her RMD before 4/1/2022 or be subject to an additional tax.  The second piece of advice is that she turns 72 in 2022 and that she needs to take her first RMD by 4/1/2023.  Also, to avoid having to take 2 RMDs in the same year, she should consider taking the first distribution in 2022 rather than waiting until 4/1/2023.

With new rules in place regarding RMDs, the first piece of advice seem incorrect.  How do I alert ProSeries to address this error?

4 Comments 4
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Looks like they never removed the outdated content when the RMD age changed.

@IntuitGabi  can you alert someone in the right department...sounds like the diagnostics screen in Review has some outdated info mixed into it for those with RMD requirements.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Jen73
Level 2

How will I know when this issue is resolved?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Its just a diagnostics message, you know the correct information. It wont keep you from Efiling the return or anything.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Jen73
Level 2

I was hopeful that we would be able to include the tax advice portion of the Client Presentation Tool in the packaging of our return.  Don't want to give them incorrect or confusing advice!

0 Cheers