Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone else noticed that form 5695 for Residential Energy Credits says its final/ready for e-file, yet will not calculate credit amount?

josephsourial
Level 1

Form 5695 is not calculating figures based on the inputted amounts.  It is my understanding that under the new legislation, this has been extended through 2018.  The form says final/e-file ready, but will just not compute in 2018 Proseries Basic Edition.  Please advise.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

If youre referring to Page 2 of the 5695...see picture, does that help explain it?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

If youre referring to Page 2 of the 5695...see picture, does that help explain it?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Very few of the credits apply to 2018...which one are you specifically trying to claim? 

And please post a link to that new legislation you've read/heard about, thanks.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
josephsourial
Level 1
After looking into it, I realize that I was looking at the extension through 2021 for section 1, and not section 2.  There is no legislation currently that addresses section 2.  Thank you.
0 Cheers