Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good news, in limbo refund now received

PATAX
Level 15

The return that I previously mentioned in prior post efiled and accepted on March 24th after the unemployment exclusion was corrected in the software, and was in limbo at IRS apparently because of this unemployment exclusion, has now received their refund with interest... So maybe these returns that were efiled after the unemployment exclusion was updated in software, towards the end of March, that for some reason were in limbo will now finally be processed as well as the other in limbo returns...

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

One return down, now only 9,999,999 to go!

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
IRonMaN
Level 15

One return down, now only 9,999,999 to go!

Slava Ukraini!
qbteachmt
Level 15

This came by email through the e-newsletter subscription service:

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-readies-nearly-4-million-refunds-for-unemployment-compensation-over...

This is a perfect example of why I encourage everyone to sign up for this info directly.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
BobKamman
Level 15

@IRonMaN   Well, to be precise, only 16,399,999 more returns to go.  From yesterday's IRS update:

" As of July 9, 2021, we had 16.4 million unprocessed individual returns."

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-operations-during-covid-19-mission-critical-functions-continue

IRonMaN
Level 15

I believe I have said this before - I'm not very good with numbers 😢

Slava Ukraini!
qbteachmt
Level 15

"I'm not very good with numbers"

That's alright; the IRS's got this. Here's their "bureau-splain:"

"For this round, the IRS identified approximately 4.6 million taxpayers who may be due an adjustment. Of that number, approximately 4 million taxpayers are expected to receive a refund. The refund average is $1,265, which means some will receive more and some will receive less."

I sure am glad they explained that last part. I'm sure some would have been confused if their check wasn't exactly $1,265.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
PATAX
Level 15

Thanks for that article link QB...The returns mentioned in that article were filed before the unemployment exclusion became law and the IRS and Intuit updated their software.... the return that I mentioned was filed after the change... Apparently there was a glitch for a short time ... A colleague who uses Drake software also had several returns like the one I mentoned....