Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Georgia K-1 entry on the Georgia 500 return for a non-resident- where do I enter these figures?

mm1
Level 5

I have never really known where in Proseries on the Georgia individual tax return activity worksheet you are supposed to enter these two figures from Form 700, Georgia K-1. This is a non-resident Georgia taxpayer.

1.   Additions to federal income

2.   Subtractions from federal income

I have no idea what these two figures are composed of other than that they are not Section 179. The entry worksheet on Georgia does not have an entry form that looks like the K-1 from the partnership. I have always entered the net of the two as an other adjustment (2,d) since I have no idea if it relates to bonus depreciation or anything else. 

3.   Then there is the figure for Section 179 expense. On the worksheet there is a row of options regarding 179 expense. I have always just entered that figure as the State 179 current expense

Last year Georgia changed the return and I don't know why since the taxpayer never told me and all I have is the Georgia final notice of additional tax. I don't want the return to be changed again this year. All other figures for this return are correct and in the correct places so that leaves me to think I have done this wrong although I have been doing this for years on this taxpayer.

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
jgb1222
Level 1

I am following for if anyone ever does respond with the correct answer.

0 Cheers