Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frequent crashing of proseries

ajp
Level 5

The past few days I have been working on an estate return (form 706).  Proseries is crashing about every 15 minutes.  The first few times I thought I accidentally did something, but now I am sure that it isn't me.  I've been saving every few minutes because I really don't want to fill out schedule B more than once and this one is lengthy!  Is anyone else seeing crashes?  Is it possibly just this form?

Amy

0 Cheers
10 Comments 10
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

try running Repair Updates, maybe something went wonky in the last update install.  Close ProSeries and run it from the Windows Programs menu.

repairupdates.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
ajp
Level 5

Thanks, I will try that now. 

ajp
Level 5

Just crashed again 😞

Probably 20 minutes after repair updates finished and I logged back on.  It was a good idea though.  I was quite hopeful. 

0 Cheers
ajp
Level 5

And again. . . I had entered two lines of data.  

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

If it is only doing it in the 706 module you might want to consider uninstalling that module and reinstalling it.

Slava Ukraini!
ajp
Level 5

Maybe I will. . . I just really want to make it through Schedule B and I am soooo close.  

Thank you for the idea.  

IRonMaN
Level 15

Good luck!

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
You wont lose your data if you uninstall and reinstall the 706 module. The client data file will stay saved as is.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
PATAX
Level 15

Just wondering, if it is crashing every 15 minutes or so could that be caused by possible error related to the automatic backup that pro series does? Maybe check to see what your automatic backup time is set to. If you changed the time to automatically back up to 1 hour, then see what happens? It's a long shot but who knows ? Just my opinion.

taxes96786
Level 9

Install a mouse jiggler program and open it before you open PS. It will keep PS from shutting down.

0 Cheers