Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form completion - Child Tax Credit

LizPS
Level 4

How do I take the Child Tax Credit, line 2, dependents, including children without the required social security number, when the Federal Information Worksheet, Part III, requires the SS# we do not have?

With this exclude me from filing electronically?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You need SSNs. 

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Slats
Level 4

In order for all of the applicable credits to apply you must have either an SSN, or ITIN. Without them, No Child Tax Credit, Child Care Credit, Earned Income Credit.  Must be the SSN/ITIN assigned to the child. No workarounds, and if filed by paper return will be rejected. 

LizPS
Level 4

Since I see on the irs website that you are both accurate:  Publication 972 (2020), Child Tax Credit and Credit for Other Dependents | Internal Revenue Service ...

Then ProSeries should update this worksheet:  Child Tax Credit and Credit for Other Dependents Worksheet
Part 1, line 2 Number of other dependents, including qualifying children without required social security number:___ x $500

0 Cheers
LizPS
Level 4

Thanks Lisa but as I posted below ProSeries should update this online Worksheet is it's incorrect:

Child Tax Credit and Credit for Other Dependents Worksheet
Part 1, line 2 Number of other dependents, including qualifying children without required social security number:___ x $500

~ Liz

0 Cheers