Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 990 EZ 2020

mark1cpa
Level 2

Any one having difficulty with Form 990-EZ section VI, line 51?  This question asks the organization to report their five highest compensated independent contractors who each received more than $100,000.

The instructions say to enter 'None" if there is none, but then you get an error message for not putting an amount in the compensation block (c) when you enter 'None' in block (a).

I can't figure out a way to complete the return without an error message which I assume will not let us file the return electronically.

Help!

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

I use Lacerte.  See if this helps:

Enter the actual compensation amount(s) instead of leaving the field(s) blank.  Do not enter the word None. 

I come here for kudos and IRonMaN's jokes.
joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

Once you enter the amount(s), see if "None" magically appears on that line. 

If not, Joshua'd just be barking up the wrong tree, and I'd tell him, "Bad Dog.  Bad Dog".

I come here for kudos and IRonMaN's jokes.
mark1cpa
Level 2

Hi Joshua:

Thanks for providing a suggestion, unfortunately it did not work!

I appreciate you spending time trying to assist others with these kind of issues.

I guess it's "Bad Dog. Bad Dog"  🙂

sewcpa
Level 5

The 990EZ that I sent last week worked with "none" in name line of line 50 and on line 51. and totally blank in column c of each line. 

You might have an override on those boxes from your previous efforts so maybe un-override and delete first? just to clear it out.

Good luck

mark1cpa
Level 2

I figured it out.  You type none in without the quotation marks.  The instructions were not clear to me.

Thanks to everyone for responding with good suggestions.

Regards,

0 Cheers