Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FORM 9465 INSTALLMENT

HOPE2
Level 8

Hi to all folks. 

New client should have an amended for 2022, he already had 9465 in original return. Now after amending he owes $300 and want to pay immediately, on the other side; he paid his first installment $325 and $700 along with original return.

My question is: I made the same original return which included 9465, can I delete it since he already paid $1025 and want to pay $300 the money he owes? I think IRS after checking the amended will send whatever can be for adjustment.  

I am hoping someone can help me.

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
sjrcpa
Level 15

AFAIK, the 9465 is not part of the 1040, even if it was efiled at the same time.

So I don't think you need to do anything regarding it with the 1040X.

Ex-AllStar

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
HOPE2
Level 8

any help please

0 Cheers
Dusty2
Level 7

So, if I understand correctly.  After filing an amended return your client owes $300 and he is on an installment plan.

If this is correct then all your client has to do is pay the $300 and the installment plan will be completed.

Dusty

HOPE2
Level 8

Thanks Dusty but it is not what I said.

Client filed original return 2022 ( not with me) and has been made for him a 9465 and he paid almost $1200.

But now amended return is coming for him and his total owes is $300 after amending. He wants to pay $300 when I e-file it. 

I made original return for him till to make Amended including 9465.  I think I can delete 9465 in amending by typing explanation in part III on 1040-X?

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

AFAIK, the 9465 is not part of the 1040, even if it was efiled at the same time.

So I don't think you need to do anything regarding it with the 1040X.

Ex-AllStar