Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 8879-PE is blank in partnership return form 1065 for 2021

Rivertowncpa
Level 1

Followed instructions from previous posts; updated my software.  Still no 8879-PE in return. Can only generate blank form and fill in with over-rides.  

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IntuitRebecca

Hi there,

If you un-check the Extension box on the Partnership Info Worksheet, does the 8879-PE generate? 

I'm not sure if that's expected behavior (I'm more experienced with Lacerte) but it's what I'm seeing on my test file. 

View solution in original post

10 Comments 10
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Looks fine here. You're sure you've checked the 1065 EF box on the Fed info worksheet?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Rivertowncpa
Level 1

Yes I did, just double checked my entries again.  Form still blank.  Frustrated and confused.  This return only.  Just efiled extension successfully until I can figure this out.  Thanks for answering.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
so no issues with other 1065s? Yes, thats very odd.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
BethP
Level 3

Did you find a solution?  This is occurring in my program as well. And yes, I have refreshed updates and the federal form 1065 e-filing has been selected.

0 Cheers
Rivertowncpa
Level 1

I did not find a solution.  I produced the 8879-PE using over-rides on a blank form because none of the solutions worked.  Problem on two partnership returns.  Followed instructions but forms did not populate no matter what I input.  Makes me very nervous to over-ride but I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong.  If I do figure it out I will post.

0 Cheers
Norman2001
Level 7

Have you call proseries support?  They can use the "Smartlook" tool to see 

your screen. 

0 Cheers
BethP
Level 3

I did and they do not know what is causing the problem.

0 Cheers
IntuitRebecca

Hi there,

If you un-check the Extension box on the Partnership Info Worksheet, does the 8879-PE generate? 

I'm not sure if that's expected behavior (I'm more experienced with Lacerte) but it's what I'm seeing on my test file. 

BethP
Level 3

Yes, once the IRS accepted the extension, the form populated. Thank you!

Rivertowncpa
Level 1

Thank you, that's the solution.  On two extended partnerships, the 8879-PE was generated after the extensions were accepted by IRS.  Thanks to all who responded.

0 Cheers