Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 8862 must be present in the return. It is selected, but constant rejection when efiling

dpwcpa
Level 2

Form 8862 must be present in the return. It is selected, but constant rejection when efiling.  Error code 165-01 when efiling.  Cannot find any source to fix.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
dkh
Level 15

Did you complete Form 8867 and indicate there was disallowance of credit from prior returns?

dkh
Level 15

nevermind my first answer ---- your problem isn't that you don't want Form 8862 ?  It's you need the form but it won't efile - correct?

dpwcpa
Level 2

Correct - I need form 8862 and it will not efile.  Form 8879 question 7 is checked as YES and 7a is YES.  Form 8862 is included with the pdf of the return.  I tried to ATTACH form 8862 to the efile as well, but there is selection in the pull down box for Form 8862.

0 Cheers
dpwcpa
Level 2

Oops.  There is NO selection in the pull down box for Form 8862 to attach to the efile.

0 Cheers
eisnercpa429
Level 2

Did you ever figure out how to fix this? I am having the same problem. Thanks.

0 Cheers
dpwcpa
Level 2

I remember that situation.  There was no solution that worked, and I ended up paper filing the return.  

eisnercpa429
Level 2

Ok thank you

0 Cheers