Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 5695 Final Update

athaureaux6
Level 8

Hi online community, could somebody know what it is going on with Form 5695 final update. It seems they keep extending the Ready to print date. 4 weeks ago, it said Ready to print on January 17, 2 weeks ago, January 24th, yesterday January 31. But if you look at Lacerte program, it is saying it is already ready to print. Are not Lacerte and Proseries the same company? Thanks everyone. 

0 Cheers
20 Comments 20
IRonMaN
Level 15

Same company different software.  Ford makes cars and heavy duty trucks.  You aren't going to fit the engine from an F750 into an Escape ------- kinda the same difference.  Unfortunately, instead of comparing forms between Lacerte and ProSeries, you should probably be comparing forms between ProSeries and Turrrrddddotax.

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

They are 2 completely different programs with completely different programming. 

Each one needs to get forms approved by IRS before they can be finalized.

IRS doesn't even open for processing until the 29th, and if HR7024 (Tax Relief for American Families and Workers Act of 2024) gets passed, we may be waiting for more updates even later than that.

We all just need to take a deep breath and do what we can now and set aside what we have no control over.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Unfortunately, the developers/programmers of ProSeries don't program the software according to tax law.  They program it based on IRS forms, instructions and publications.

The IRS has not released the final version of the Instructions for Form 5695 yet, so the ProSeries developers are just waiting.

Shirley79
Level 4

Pro Series Basic says 5695 will be updated today for e-filing.  When I do the update, 5695 is still in red.  Has anybody been able to file this form for 2023?

0 Cheers
Lanore Nolan
Level 1

I am having the same issue . Does this do its own updates this year or what is going non with that also ?

0 Cheers
Shirley79
Level 4

I updated thru the start menu Pro Series - repair - and it still didn't update.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

It didn't happen today.

Slava Ukraini!
Jim80
Level 2

UPDATE WAS TO BE 02/07/2024 FORM STILL BLOCKED IN PRO SERIES. DOES NOT FLAG IN EFILE BUT FORM SAYS NOT READY

0 Cheers
Shirley77
Level 3

It happened late yesterday - I was able to print and e-file 5695

0 Cheers
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

@Shirley77 for the one with the 5695 that you efiled have you received acceptance from IRS yet?

I submitted some and the status still says received by intuit.. seems stuck

Shirley77
Level 3

No - not accepted.  Found that strange.

Ribald1962
Level 3

Same here I did not get an error message but they are sitting at Intuit what a mess

Ribald1962
Level 3

No they seem to be stuck at intuit 

rlsilve
Level 1

I am having the same problem, stuck in Intuit and not being sent to the IRS.  Intuit support is worthless, tried with  2 different agents, neither was any help, didnt really understand the problem.

IRonMaN
Level 15

I don't know what the scoop is, but I know in the past if Intuit knows that a form was screwed up, they will sometimes flag those types of returns and hold them in limbo for a bit and then subsequently reject them.  

Slava Ukraini!

Yes, I have two I have efiled with the form and they are both sitting at Intuit and nothing is happening.  All my other efiles are going through.  Hmmmm...I wish ProSeries would let us know there might be a problem on their banner and if they are looking into it. 

IRonMaN
Level 15

Thank you IRonMaN.  Hope they can figure it out soon! 

IRonMaN
Level 15

You betcha!

Slava Ukraini!
tkarris
Level 3

I am having the same issue. 

0 Cheers