Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 2441

YLC
Level 4

Hello, I am trying to enter dependent care information into form 2441, but I keep getting error messages every time I enter name, address, etc.  I know I haven't worked with this form in quite some time, but where am I supposed to enter the information for this credit if I can't on 2441?

Thank you, Yvonne

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Have you entered the dollar amount paid per kid on the dependent line over on the Fed Info worksheet yet?  I think my 2441 screen stays red like that until Ive input the money over there.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Have you entered the dollar amount paid per kid on the dependent line over on the Fed Info worksheet yet?  I think my 2441 screen stays red like that until Ive input the money over there.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
GodFather
Level 8

I had this issue last evening and entered the information on Info Worksheet near the dependents name as Lisa mentioned  That solved my problem.  

In my case, one of the dependents turned 13 during the year.  During the error check, ProSeries advised the some of that dependents expenses may be deductible for the period they were 12.  I never found how I could show or enter that?  

IRonMaN
Level 15

There is a glitch in the software for kids turning 13 during the year.  You need to override the form and disable error checking when you convert the file for e-filing.

Slava Ukraini!
YLC
Level 4

Yes, that worked, thank you very much!