Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 2441 refundable

SFBacct
Level 3

I just noticed that Proseries Professional 1040 is not giving an error message on checking Box B on Form 2441.  If you don't check that box the childcare credit is not going to be refundable.

3 Comments 3
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
If they had made it a YES/NO question then they could have made a pink "error" until you chose one or the other, but if its just a box to check if it applies, theres really no way for them to alert for that.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
rbynaker
Level 13

Yeah, kinda bizarre how inconsistent they are.  A very small percentage of taxpayers without dependents need to file an 8812 to pay back advance CTC, yet every taxpayer has to deal with the form.  A very large percentage of taxpayers filing a 2441 are eligible for it to be refundable, yet no floaties to help on this one, you're on your own to remember to go check the box.

jofijohnjoseph
Level 7
Level 7

So I had a return finished the other day that had no errors, went to efile it, and the federal return was rejected.  Can't remember the exact language, but something to do with Form 2441 not being finalized for the six month or less provision and refundable CDTC credits.  I went to the form, clicked the box, and then was able to e-file the returns.

So maybe ProSeries will not flag this as an error, but it will stop you from e-filing the return?