Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 1310 Personal Representative

parvitstax
Level 5

In order to claim the refund ProSeries is telling me I need to attach the proof of appointment. I have attached the PDF document E-File>Attach PDF Files and labeled the PDF attachment as Form 1310. The error still exists and I am unsure why it will not go away now. 2.PNG

1.PNG

3.PNG

NOTE: I did notice if I select option C (even though a court appointed rep has been assigned) and answer the questions in Part III I can get the error to go away. Would this be considered a valid submission of the return?

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
dkh
Level 15
parvitstax
Level 5

If my only remaining error is the Form 1310 box B is it safe to disable error checking (per the info in the link you provided)? I have followed the instructions from ProSeries like most people have regarding Form 1310 but the error still remains. 

0 Cheers
parvitstax
Level 5

It seems only box C can be e-filed but box B has specific conditions (1040X or Form 843 are mandatory). 

4.PNG

It seems like it makes more sense to choose Box C and fill out the remaining sections and e-file using this option.

0 Cheers