Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 1099-LTC

buelfarm
Level 3

Received a Form 1099-LTC for payments made to nursing home where client was chronically ill prior to her death 7/8/22.   All payment are qualified to be excluded from income under the provisions of the policy when I checked with the Payor, John Hancock Life & Health.  However, I am wondering if there is a spot where it needs to be entered?   I have searched both the term "Form 1099-LTC" and "Long Term Care" in the Forms "Find" or search box, all to no avail... does anyone know if I can simply disregard this Form? 

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
buelfarm
Level 3

Okay, what a relief !  Thought I was losing my mind b/c I was thinking of the concept of the Form 1099-SA where the distributions are reported, but then tax free if used for medical expenses, so I kept looking for a way to make that happen.  Will make copy w/notes ==> thanks ! 

View solution in original post

9 Comments 9
PATAX
Level 15

As far as I know, if there are no numbers to enter on the tax return, then there is nowhere to input the data on any worksheet Etc ...Just make a photocopy of it for your file.

buelfarm
Level 3

Okay, what a relief !  Thought I was losing my mind b/c I was thinking of the concept of the Form 1099-SA where the distributions are reported, but then tax free if used for medical expenses, so I kept looking for a way to make that happen.  Will make copy w/notes ==> thanks ! 

PATAX
Level 15

You're welcome

0 Cheers
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

cannot be ignored.. call up 1099-LTC and there is a worksheet where you can show the expenses. 

0 Cheers
buelfarm
Level 3

Where would that be?  I have looked everywhere in the software and searched various parameters with NO results ... 

0 Cheers
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

Cick on Greern Where Do I Enter?

Start typing 1099 LTC

qbteachmt
Level 15

I searched google using:

proseries 1099-ltc

And found the help article:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/support/en-us/help-article/form-1099/entering-information-form-1099-lt...

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
buelfarm
Level 3

Yikes !  How did I miss that obvious?!  I was typing in the search bar below that Green button, and in the Forms search with Form 1099-LTC - thanks !  I am all set now ... 

0 Cheers
buelfarm
Level 3

Thank you 🙂 

0 Cheers