Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 1065: Can't allocate other liabilities to member K-1

helenyin
Level 4

Hi there,

Working on a very simple 1065, I have been stuck with this K-1 allocation of other liabilities for several hours. The error comes from the following sheet:

Sch K Reconciliation Report (Lines 20a thru K-1 Item L Net Inc)

Can someone help? A return normally only takes an hour to complete has become a nightmare.

Thank you all in advance.

Helen

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
helenyin
Level 4

I finally figured it out. It was the code I used for the Recourse Liabilities. It has to be P. Once that changed, everything was correct.

Thank you for helping out.

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
dkh
Level 15

Are you using the K1 worksheet for the allocations?  There is a section for Special Allocations by % and by $.    That Special Allocation number or letter is then entered in the SA column on K1.

helenyin
Level 4

Thanks for your reply to my question.

I tried the Special Allocation thing. It didn't work either. They are 50 50 partners. The liabilities need to be allocated equally. 

Why the software can't do it? There is no ending recourse liabilities. 

Please help.

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

Check the Partner's Liability Smart Worksheet that's at the bottom of the Balance Sheet - maybe you need to make an adjustment liability classifications

0 Cheers
helenyin
Level 4

I finally figured it out. It was the code I used for the Recourse Liabilities. It has to be P. Once that changed, everything was correct.

Thank you for helping out.