Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 1040 Worksheet Schedule 3 line 13z

Mark Brockman
Level 1

I had to override the field line 13z on Schedule 3 in the Form 1040 Worksheet in order to enter a tax payment by my client that was made after the due date for the income tax return.  I request that Intuit consider allowing tax preparers to enter tax payments on line 13z of Schedule 3 without having to overide this field (which requires turning off error checking before e-filing).

The IRS instructions for Schedule 3, line 13z are general and do not limit what can be entered on this line.

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
dkh
Level 15

@Mark Brockman  If you go to the 1040/1040SR Worksheet for Schedule 3 (you can get there by going to Schedule 3, line 13z and clicking on the magnifying glass) then once you are on 1040/1040SR Worksheet find the Other Payments and Credits Smart Worksheet  that's between lines 12 and line 13 -    that is where you enter the amounts for line 13z    No override required.    

Federal and State income tax payments for estimates, withholding, extensions, and amendments should actually be entered on the Tax Payment Worksheet