Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For electronically filing a 990, what do I put in the "email address" line if the non-profit does not have an email address to enter?

jw1
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

That e-mail address thingy has me a bit mystified.  If you leave the e-mail address blank it shows up as an error on some returns but on others it doesn't.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
8 Comments 8
IRonMaN
Level 15

That e-mail address thingy has me a bit mystified.  If you leave the e-mail address blank it shows up as an error on some returns but on others it doesn't.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
@Ashley at Intuit (aka Henry Jr)  - any divine guidance on why it seems to be needed on some returns but not others?  The little help popup screen doesn't provide any guidance.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee
Hmm, that's a good one, b/c the one i just created does NOT give me error, thought maybe it had to do w/ whatever you selected in part II as to which type, the only thing that occurred for me was a 990-PF ONLY and it made me then put in phone number..... but i would imagine it's some selection that makes it then required, but honestly not sure.  I'll see if i can find out anything though.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Thanks

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
What kind of business doesn't have an email address these days?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Small nonprofits that don't have paid employees.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I would think a non-profit would need an email address for people trying to contact them to give them donations or questions about their cause.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
We do a bunch of small school related nonprofits.  No paid employees and treasurers change often.  They survive off of small fundraisers and when someone wants to find out something about the group they will find a teacher or a coach in the school system to point them in the right direction.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers