Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Time Home Buyer Installment Payment

doblanco
Level 1

First time client

I'm doing his income taxes and it wont go thru because they wnt wht is called 

First Time Home Buyer Installment Payment is due for the primary SSN

My client refinance his home that he bought in 2008 

And refinance in 202

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

I don't mean any disrespect to the original poster, but based on how the post is worded, it wouldn't surprise me if the original poster was in grade school in 2008 when that year's iteration of the first-time homebuyer credit was passed.

Sometimes, the institutional knowledge which comes with advancing age can be a good thing.

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
dascpa
Level 11

2008 had a 15-year repayment of the First-Time Homebuyer Credit.  See Schedule 2 of the 1040, line 10.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I had a new client with this, I opened the 5405 and entered the $500 repayment amount in that worksheet, and it transferred it to the line of the return where it belongs.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

I don't mean any disrespect to the original poster, but based on how the post is worded, it wouldn't surprise me if the original poster was in grade school in 2008 when that year's iteration of the first-time homebuyer credit was passed.

Sometimes, the institutional knowledge which comes with advancing age can be a good thing.

Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

2008 + 15 = 2023   Yippee.... we're done with this nonsense

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
dascpa
Level 11

No you're not done.  First repayment was 2010.

You can look up the account at https://www.irs.gov/credits-deductions/individuals/first-time-homebuyer-credit-account-look-up 

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

one more year!

All my clients that had these paid them off early, just have this one new guy and one more year!

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers