Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final K-1, box checked, and Addt'l Info page required?

hin454
Level 2

I have a final K-1.  When running Federal Final Review, the error pops up to complete the Addt'l Info K-1 page for Box20, code L,  when there is no input on Box 20.  The Partnership stopped operations, terminated with the State, with no assets/liabilities.  There is no sale or exchange.   Is there a way around this Addt'l Page in order to e-file?  

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Look through the additonal info pages of that K-1, you should find something about Line 20, Code L.

Anytime a partnership K-1 is marked Final it will ask about disposal info on that Page 2. Isnt Page 2 asking about disposition?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
hin454
Level 2

Yes, but the questions ask if disposition is fully taxable, and what sales price and when was the LLC was purchased, which are not applicable. The LLC ceased operations, and it has no assets or liabilities.  The questions are not applicable on pg 2 and that is what is confusing me.  Is there a work around? or do i file a paper copy?  Thanks.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
so sales price zero. Does he have basis in the partnership that could possibly be a loss he can deduct? if no basis then stick a zero in there too.

0 Cheers
hin454
Level 2

there is a small basis $1k, so i put that on line 7, and that carries forward to other schedules? And so i check box 1a and continue with the rest of that page?  Thanks.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
thats how I would deal with it, yes.

0 Cheers
hin454
Level 2

ok, thanks for your help!