Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filling in form 8915F

rcooley25
Level 11

I dont aim to be rude but I think this complaining about Intuit not tranfering info from 2020  shedul e to form 8915f is much to do about nothing. I have looked at the sample form 8915F and entering the information manually is a minor inconvience. What is a major inconvienance is not having the form in our software.

18 Comments 18
IRonMaN
Level 15

I’ve been saying that is no biggie since day one but too many folks acted like it was the end of the world.  I don’t know how much of the complaining was based on laziness or just plain incompetence.  Evidently some folks need the software to find the nearest bathroom for them or they would end up peeling their pants because they wouldn’t be able to find it on their own.

Slava Ukraini!
taxiowa
Level 9
Level 9

I feel sorry for the many that are waiting on 8915-F.  I did not realize it was that significant to have it roll out early.  Most clients that have it are going to owe money and it is pretty easy to show them how much it is going to be, so I am not peeing my pants waiting on a release.  I have had 2 clients so far that needed the form. One dude acted like he completely forgot about it.  Once I reminded him he said oh yeah you told me I was going to owe $xxx this year.  Luckily I have other clients to work on and don't have to worry about the few.

rcooley25
Level 11

Right now as you read this I have 19 tax returns that are waiting for this form and I am sure there will be a lot more before the end of March. I dont have to worry about peeing my pants. I wear special underwear from Wallgreens.

rcooley25
Level 11

AS you know my biggest complaint is I need that form and I need it now not March 31st. Yes some of the returns owe money and dont care but I have several  that have refunds coming and need it as soon aas possible.

garman22
Level 13
Level 13

@rcooley25 wrote:

Right now as you read this I have 19 tax returns that are waiting for this form and I am sure there will be a lot more before the end of March. I dont have to worry about peeing my pants. I wear special underwear from Wallgreens.

hahaha!!!

I have a few so far and they all owe so they dont give a crap. I just think Intuit is dragging their collective A$$e$ to roll this thing out. But WTH do I know?

dkh
Level 15

@rcooley25 wrote:

Right now as you read this I have 19 tax returns that are waiting for this form and I am sure there will be a lot more before the end of March.

I guess I need to feel fortunate.  I only had 2 out of 500ish that took a covid retirement withdrawal and only one of those did the 3year spread.    I feel bad for all of you that are waiting on the 8915-F.   I'm also dumbfounded by the number of people that did covid retirement withdrawals....... did they really do it out of necessity or did they just take advantage of the system.

IRonMaN
Level 15

I had zero, but as I’ve said before I feel bad for those that need the form.  The handful of my clients that pulled out money had adequate withholding so I didn’t encourage anyone to play the deferral game.  And as you said there were a lot of people that just played the game - they snuck out the money last year to avoid the penalty.

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

@IRonMaN with all the peeing going on, I think I'm going to have to buy some stock in the company that makes Depend undergarments...😉😀

rcooley25
Level 11

You guess is as good as mine. Some people cannot see past the here and now. They saw a chance to lay their hands on some money and they took it. As you know the money that was witheld from them on 2020 tax return was all applied to 2020 which caused a sizable refund that year. When I ask them if they would like to have some of that refund credited to 2021 so they wont get dinged so bad on the return they all said no, I want it all now. I will worry about next year when it is next year. Well next year is here now and boy are some of them crying in their beer.

rcooley25
Level 11

You know as much as the rest of us know  which is absolutely nothing.

0 Cheers
PATAX
Level 15

@rcooley25 👍 let them cry in their beer and let them eat their cabbage twice.😀😉

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

@PATAX  that sounds like a line from a country song........😂 🤠

rcooley25
Level 11

Good brand. I use them all of the time.

PATAX
Level 15

If I have to go, and it is an emergency, then I just use the paper shredder basket/container by my desk... It helps pack down the paper in there too..😉😄

IRonMaN
Level 15

Sounds like in the future if anybody does a search for pee, this post will likely turn up on top of the list --------------- if they ever fix the search function.

Slava Ukraini!
qbteachmt
Level 15

"and I need it now not March 31st"

You are the one who told us that had advanced to March 24.

And that is what shows in the Forms Release page, now.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
rcooley25
Level 11

Yes that is what I was told by Christian at Intuit but untill I see it happening I will not beleive it especially since our great system still says March 31st.

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"since our great system still says March 31st"

The web page confirms March 24. I thought you knew?

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers