Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filing a TX Franchise for 1065 Partnership

thetaxdoctor1
Level 3

Hi,

I am trying to file a 1065 Partnership return in ProSeries.

There state is TX and there is a Franchise Tax Report that needs to be filed. I get the following error:

"You have an error because you need to complete the Electronic Return Originator information with this return. Go to the Federal Return and correct the errors that are related to the ERO information. The ERO state field must be entered on the ERO Info Screen."

Can someone tell me what I need to do as I am not seeing the ERO state field.

Thanks for your assistance.

3 Comments 3
Accountant-Man
Level 13

I suggest that you change the title to include "TX Franchise." Otherwise, you might get too many viewers who cannot help you. This is not a 1065 question, it is a TX question.

I have done only one TX Franchise, and that was with an S corp. I will try to look in mine.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
Accountant-Man
Level 13

Sorry, I cannot find that.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
0 Cheers
sewcpa
Level 5

I also am uncertain what you are asking about.

To file the TX Franchise tax we must start with the IRS return and mark the info worksheet (in federal) that we are doing the state return, and if it was extended unmark the extension box; then go to the state worksheet where much of the setup carries from the federal. You MUST have the Texas WEBFILE Code [XT______] entered near the end of the state worksheet and most entity types must clear errors in the federal and file no earlier than the IRS return (can not file the Franchise tax before the 1065 is filed but can file simultaneously)

When having issues with filing thru ProSeries I will go straight to TX Comptroller website and file on the state website (must have that Webfile code to gain access) You will need the State acct number and Sec of State file number either way. These other numbers can be found on the reminder letter that TX sent your client in January or on the TX Comptroller website lookup tool for franchise status.

Good luck.