Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filing 592B in California SMLLC

GC
Level 2

When preparing 592B in California SMLLC. The payee is a foreign person with ITIN, however, proseries force me to enter FEIN and does not allow me to enter ITIN in SSN part. How do I overwrite this, please advise. thank you.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I know I had troubles with a 592B in 2016 and 2017 on a client's 540, the program just kept giving me an error on the FEIN line of the form (it was a valid FEIN, not an ITIN and I couldnt get it to take it), I ended up paper filing.

Oh wait, you said payee, my issue was with the withholding agents FEIN, sorry.

If its an SMLLC, didnt they apply for an EIN?  Thats what should be carrying over to the 592B, the EIN from the top of the 568 and the EIN at the top of the 568 carries over from the Federal Sch C thats been marked as a CA LLC at the top of the page.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I know I had troubles with a 592B in 2016 and 2017 on a client's 540, the program just kept giving me an error on the FEIN line of the form (it was a valid FEIN, not an ITIN and I couldnt get it to take it), I ended up paper filing.

Oh wait, you said payee, my issue was with the withholding agents FEIN, sorry.

If its an SMLLC, didnt they apply for an EIN?  Thats what should be carrying over to the 592B, the EIN from the top of the 568 and the EIN at the top of the 568 carries over from the Federal Sch C thats been marked as a CA LLC at the top of the page.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers