Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Reject when ProSeries says there are 0 errors

neycpa
Level 2

I have a 1040 file with a schedule c, d, f and several other forms.  I have electronically filed and received a rejection stating that ending inventory on Schedule C can not be negative.  The Schedule C business does not have inventory, and these fields were not used on the return.  I entered 0 in both the beginning and ending inventory fields and resubmitted.  I received the same error.  When trying to run the federal final review this feature went through the first 3 items and hung.  It keeps cycling through the same 3 items if you keep pushing the "next" button.  I worked on this return over several days, and only encountered this issue on the last day.  Something must be wrong with the file.  Is there a way to repair the file without reentering all the data or filing on paper?  This is an 50+ page return so I'd like to fix the file if at all possible.  Does someone know of a way to do correct this issue?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

8 Comments 8
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Maybe the Sch C form is corrupt (Ive had corrupt W2 worksheets and 1099R worksheets in prior years that just dont work right)?   

Can you create a new Sch C and move all the figures over to it then delete the one causing an issue?  You can move any assets over to the new Sch C using the Change Activity option on each asset entry worksheet...yes its a bit of work, but less than starting over from scratch.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Have you tried disabling error checking when you e-file?  That will likely let it e-file.  Even though ProSeries says there are not errors, the disabling error checking should do it.

I see you are using Basic, so if you are used to e-filing within the client, you need to e-file it from Homebase in order to disable error-checking.

dkh
Level 15

@neycpa wrote:

When trying to run the federal final review this feature went through the first 3 items and hung.  It keeps cycling through the same 3 items if you keep pushing the "next" button. 

Do you have a 1099-NEC linked to the Sched C?  That's what's causing the loop in the final review.  Uncheck "Diagnostics" in the Review drop down.  Then try final review see if it makes it to the Finish.

but don't forget to recheck "Diagnostics" once done with this return

neycpa
Level 2

How do you disable error checking in HomeBase?  I've never had to do that before.

0 Cheers
neycpa
Level 2

I have several 1099-NEC attached to the Schedule C.  Where is the "review" drop down in Basic?  I've looked at what I believe to be every option and don't see one called review.  Can you point me to where I find this button?

0 Cheers
neycpa
Level 2

Thank you for this info!  I'll give it a try if the other suggested solutions don't work.

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@neycpa wrote:

How do you disable error checking in HomeBase?  I've never had to do that before.

You actually need to e-file from Homebase.  Go up to the E-file menu, then Electronic Filing, then Convert/Transmit.  It will show a pop-up box to confirm the e-file, and check or uncheck the box for error-checking.

neycpa
Level 2

Thank you for the insight!  I was able to turn off the error checking and resubmit.  It rejected again, with the same message about the Inventory at End of the Year being negative.  Since I had already changed that to 0 I don't know what else could be causing this kind of message.  Any thoughts??

0 Cheers