Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Federal carryover worksheet

HOPE2
Level 8

Hi to Community.

Could you please help me how to get rid of this error? And what is this? I did right click to read the About .... but did not understand it.

Any help is appreciated!state.jpg

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

This happens when they didnt have any state withholding or ES payments  (I'll bet if you look at the 2022 return under withholding/payments you'll find none) and the refund consisted of CAEITC only.  Just plunk a zero in the box and move on.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

I have seen that with Ohio for the code though.  It has to do with the program calculating the taxable amount, if any, of prior year state overpayment.  I  have just duplicated the amount to the right of the error message and everything calculated properly. 

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

This happens when they didnt have any state withholding or ES payments  (I'll bet if you look at the 2022 return under withholding/payments you'll find none) and the refund consisted of CAEITC only.  Just plunk a zero in the box and move on.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
IRonMaN
Level 15

I also see that with MN with their version of the earned income credit.  I just put zero in the refund box and move on.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
HOPE2
Level 8

@IRonMaN Thanks a lot really appreciated it.

HOPE2
Level 8

@Jim-from-Ohio Thanks a lot.