Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FBAR electronic filing

kindracpa
Level 3

I have a married couple and the wife has a foreign bank account.  I completed their joint return and then created a file with just the wife's FBAR filing.  I am trying to eFile and it is not picking up the FBAR.  I believe I have all of the correct boxes checked and there are no errors on the FBAR.  Any thoughts? 

0 Cheers
8 Comments 8
Intuit_hieu
Employee
Employee

Could you please clarify what you mean of: "It  is not picking up the FBAR". Also is it ProSeries Core or Basic?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Go back out to the EFCenter, do you see the FBAR in the Pending list?   EF it from the EFCenter, not from within the client file.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
JRC
Level 8

Check the Box For Electronic Filing of Form 114 within the Federal Information Worksheet 1040 just below the State and city returns to file electronically section. 

0 Cheers
kindracpa
Level 3

It is Basic.  When I select Efile, it does not give me FBAR as an option to file electronicallly.  It only shows me her federal return, which I don't want to file. 

Thank you!

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
In Professional, its further down the fed info worksheet, it doesn't show up in any drop down lists like for the states.

kindracpa
Level 3

I have Basic and have double and triple checked that the 114 eFiling box is checked. 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
So out in the EFcenter you dont see a line for the 114 for the clients name?

I use Professional, so out screens and workflow arent the same.

0 Cheers
Intuit_hieu
Employee
Employee

Make sure you select the State on the left, and check on "Foreign Bank Report Form 114"

vmconnect_hgZL01KwlE.png

0 Cheers