Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FBAR and Form 8938 info transfer to ProSeries Form 114 from a previously filed online FinCEN pdf form

joe64
Level 2

Does anyone know if it is possible to transfer/import the data contained in a past year FinCEN form filed online (pdf copy) into the Form 114 section of ProSeries? 

It is very cumbersome and time-consuming having to enter each bank name, address and the primary filer data repeatedly manually.

Is it possible that ProSeries does not have a way of storing the bank and filer info for easy propagation? It can easily take you an hour to complete an FBAR if you have 5 Single accounts and 8 or more joint accounts.

Also, can ProSeries transfer the data entered in Form 8938 directly/automatically into the FBAR section of ProSeries itself given the fact that the data is identical on both forms?

Thank you.

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

If you find away, let me know!   Yes, super time consuming and those damn foreign bank names and addresses kill me!

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

If you find away, let me know!   Yes, super time consuming and those damn foreign bank names and addresses kill me!

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Taxprohere
Level 7

I've had both properly import into the current year when I transfer the client file....if you mean from a proseries data file?

0 Cheers
joe64
Level 2

No, I mean from an FBAR that was filed directly via the FinCEN website the year before (from the pdf generated).

But it's good to know that next year all the FBAR and 8938 data will transfer from ProSeries 2023 to ProSeries 2024.

0 Cheers