Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FAM disposals

MJS672
Level 1

Depreciation schedule report by G/L account provides subtraction of dispositions at end of report.  I would like to see subtraction for dispositions at each subtotal for each G/L account number vs. just at end of report.  Providing this at end of each G/L account will greatly assist in tying the depreciation totals for each account to our actual G/L.  Currently we must manually calculate to adjust for dispositions at each G/L account subtotal.  I am sure other users have this same issue.  I have attempted to create a new report by modifying the report template but using the report builder tool is over my head at this point.

Has anyone created such a report?  Or, a tutorial on how to use the report writer to accomplish modifying this report?

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
dascpa
Level 11

If you create categories by G/L account number, or any other type of grouping you need to run two other reports as the regular Depreciation Report and the Asset Disposition by Sale Description will only give you grand totals.  I use the Depreciable Assets G/L Reconciliation and the Accumulated Depreciation G/L Reconciliation reports to give me the category info I need.

dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

@dascpa wrote:

If you create categories by G/L account number, or any other type of grouping you need to run two other reports as the regular Depreciation Report and the Asset Disposition by Sale Description will only give you grand totals.  I use the Depreciable Assets G/L Reconciliation and the Accumulated Depreciation G/L Reconciliation reports to give me the category info I need.

Exactly!

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
MJS672
Level 1

Thank you for this recommended solution. 

This is a great "work around" solution to a report feature that should be included in all Depreciation Schedule reports either as basic inclusion to the report or an option on the report selection window that can be selected on/off.

For any ProSeries/FAM personnel that monitor these discussions, I would like to recommend a program enhancement to accomplish listing dispositions not only at the end of the report but with each change in Grouping, such as G/L account.  This simple inclusion would eliminate the need to run other reports and assist bookkeepers in using just one report to see all activity for the year and know the report totals for each category, such as G/L account, do easily tie to the actual general ledger balances for both asset totals and accumulated totals.  Accumulated depreciation dispositions are hard enough for a bookkeeper to figure out but working with totals on a report that don't tie to the general ledger because they include dispositions should not be part of the confusion equation.  

I guess I see this as a report writing issue that can be easily modified to provide enhanced functionality to the existing report and program.

I will flag this item as solved once I know ProSeries has logged my suggestion for a program enhancement.