Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F 7203 No longer needs to be attached?

david3
Level 7

I didn't get an error message saying that F 7203 has to be attached in order to e-file form 1040. Is F 7203 now being included in the e-filing for 2023?

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

The F 7203 is in program, but you have to fill it out

View solution in original post

13 Comments 13
ljr
Level 8

I didn't see it on the drop down for attachment type

Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

The F 7203 is in program, but you have to fill it out

david3
Level 7

You would think the 1120S Shareholder Basis Statement would transfer all of the information over to F 7203 since all the information is on the basis statement.

Thank you for your help.

sjrcpa
Level 15

That would be too easy.

Ex-AllStar
lpeipert
Level 2

Do we still need to attach Form 7203 or is it automatically in the return. It is not a dropdown attachment this year.

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

See above.

Ex-AllStar
lpeipert
Level 2

Form is completed but di i need to pdf attach it like  last year

TNR
Level 2

I would also like to know. Why isn't it in the dropdown for pdf attachments? It seems like there should be release notes or some readily-available information on this...

sjrcpa
Level 15

Because you don't have to attach it this year.

Ex-AllStar
TNR
Level 2

Was there a release note or anything letting us know that for sure? 

IRonMaN
Level 15

Attach it as an “other” pdf if that will allow you to sleep better tonight.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
taxbiz2511
Level 2

I had to manually adjust the income line on the K-1 worksheet in the 1040 (now it does not match the K-1 filed with the business return) for the disallowed loss. Major fail on Proseries part. It seems like they would have a small worksheet adding back the carryover, so I don't think I entered it incorrectly. Am I missing something?

0 Cheers
SaraW
Level 2

Agreed.  I had the same question.  The only information I found out about separately attaching it to the 2023 return as an e-file attachment was this thread.  I called into support a couple days ago to ask about it and the lady (who was very nice) also didn't know after researching it.  It seems like this would be a common question this year among tax preparers that use Intuit products to e-file and there would be a notification about it.  At the very least, I would think they'd have some info on the back end that the diagnostic isn't generating this year because Form 7203 no longer needs to be separately attached. 

If anyone from Intuit sees this, please run it up the flag pole and do a quick notification about it.  It would be clear communication, reduce phone calls into tech support, and reduce confusion.  Thank you!