Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exempt from SE

goalen
Level 2

If my self-employment income abroad is exempt from SE tax because of social security agreements with another country, how I can enter this to the software? That I am exempt and don't need to file Schedule SE? I see this option only for ministers/clerical. 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I have little to no foreign income knowledge, but if you fill out Sch C, then go to Sch SE adjustment worksheet (quick zoom to if from Sch 2, Line 4 button), Part II, Line 7 you should be able to enter the amount that is exempt from SE tax.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
goalen
Level 2

I found this in "help" section: " If your self-employment income is exempt from SE tax .... don’t complete
Schedule SE. Instead, attach a copy of the statement to Form 1040 or Form 1040-SR and enter “Exempt, see attached statement” on Schedule 2 (Form 1040), line 4."

But no explanation HOW TO DO THIS

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I have little to no foreign income knowledge, but if you fill out Sch C, then go to Sch SE adjustment worksheet (quick zoom to if from Sch 2, Line 4 button), Part II, Line 7 you should be able to enter the amount that is exempt from SE tax.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
qbteachmt
Level 15

I found a similar previous topic here, which includes making an attachment:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-discussions/discussion/i-have-a-self-employed-...

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.