Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excess Roth IRA Contribution Credit

Hello Community, 

Not sure why the software is demanding that this field be addressed. This is a client I have helped for several years now and do not remember an excess Roth contribution. Checked 2021 and don't see anything but perhaps I am not looking in the right location. Any thoughts on why Line 26 of the IRA Contribution worksheet seems to be carrying this forward somehow from somewhere? Completely not sure what I've inadvertently checked, or inputted incorrectly. 

Thank you, I sure appreciate the Community!!! 

Dawn

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
qbteachmt
Level 15

"Checked 2021 and don't see anything but perhaps I am not looking in the right location."

Is there a prior form 5329? 8606? Was something allocated for the spouse at one point?

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.

View solution in original post

2 Comments 2
qbteachmt
Level 15

"Checked 2021 and don't see anything but perhaps I am not looking in the right location."

Is there a prior form 5329? 8606? Was something allocated for the spouse at one point?

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.

Thank you!! I was able to resolve this one, but totally got behind on notifications as I had a terrific cold, and nope not Covid, the last couple of weeks. Glad that I have finally turned the corner. Don't the cold gods know that it TAX SEASON? 😉