Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSignature request sent to client did not include Massachusetts efile authorization form

pc321
Level 3

Client has a federal 1040 and MA state tax return.  Both are selected for e-filing. I sent the e-file authorization forms for client's electronic signature via eSignature. The eSignature dashboard shows that the eSignature was "successfully completed" but when I view the eSignature there is only  a signed Form 8879; the state e-file authorization form is not there.  The Client  informed me that the eSignature request did not include the Massachusetts efile authorization form. I double-checked the information worksheet and both the federal and MA tax returns are selected for efiling. I requested eSignatures last week from other clients with state returns and there was no problem.  Any help would be appreciated.

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
Accountant-Man
Level 13

This may be similar. I completed a 1040 with PA and MA. All were marked for e-file. When I printed all signing pages, only 1040 and PA were printed. But it said "all states."

The MA form is 8453, not 8879. I manually printed MA 8453.

Maybe this is why. 

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
0 Cheers