Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error on Texas Form 05-164 for combined group

Dayna007
Level 2

I am receiving an error on the Texas Form 05-164 extension request when I have a combined group.  It states that "Combined Entities must add affiliates to Form 05-166."  This is already done yet I am still getting an error.  Anyone else experiencing this?  I can tell that Form 05-165 is populated, however when I e-file this I do not know if it is going to e-file correctly, especially if I override the error just to get this e-filed.

0 Cheers
9 Comments 9
msmith7305
Level 7

Same problem here. Have you figured it out yet?

0 Cheers
Dayna007
Level 2

Update on 5/2/24 to my prior message - it appears this has been resolved by ProSeries.

Dayna007
Level 2

I just installed new updates today and they seem to have taken care of it.  So try running the updates.  It worked for me.  Good luck!!!

hlecpa
Level 2

I did the update but am still getting the same error message.  Do you know how to get this resolved?

0 Cheers
StephanieS
Level 3

Has this been resolved?  Some of my earlier combined TxFr extensions worked, but now I'm getting errors.  I have already run updates.

0 Cheers
IntuitGabi
Community Manager
Community Manager

@hlecpa @StephanieS Are you still experiencing troubles with this. I found some information that could be related: 

TX Franchise Tax error Form 05-164 
Update: The tax forms have been updated from the back-end, and pushed out to the newest version of the TX forms inside ProSeries. If the automatic updater did not catch update the tax forms, follow these steps: 
-Open ProSeries
-click on the Update drop down from the homebase view
-click on \"select and update new products\"
-uncheck the boxes related the TX Franchise tax
-wait for the uninstall to finish
-Next, do the same thing except this time you will check the box for it to download the new version 

Let us know if this resolved for you. 

PattonCPA
Level 1

It doesn't uninstall and does not fix the issue

hlecpa
Level 2

To bypass this error, so that I did not get the error message, in the "Rev & Recpt Wks", I put $3 million in "gross receipts or sales" box (you can put anything under TX).  This cleared my error message.  I will remove these amounts when I file the annual report.

0 Cheers
PattonCPA
Level 1

That is the weirdest thing!  Makes you really wonder about the overall validity of the software.