Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error on Minnesonta M1PR for Nonresident Renter

TP82
Level 3

I have a client who rented all year in Minnesota but he is not a resident of Minnesota and is not required to file an income tax return.  I copied the information into the program from his 2020 Certificate of Rent Paid for 12 months.  The program calculated his refund and transferred data to the M1PR however it says I have 2 errors (Line 16 and Line 25) and says I need to complete the CRP???

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

If everything is complete on the CRP, then  I think you have three options:

1.  Call support

2.  Paper file the return - the refund isn't coming until August anyway

3.  Remove "the state" and do the M1PR and CRP from scratch - don't transfer any prior year info when opening the new version of the M1PR

I'm keeping this job. But I am selling surplus anvils on the side. If you are interested please call 867-5309

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
IRonMaN
Level 15

You entered all of the CRP info into the CRP worksheet?

I'm keeping this job. But I am selling surplus anvils on the side. If you are interested please call 867-5309
TP82
Level 3

Yes, completed all info on CRP

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

If everything is complete on the CRP, then  I think you have three options:

1.  Call support

2.  Paper file the return - the refund isn't coming until August anyway

3.  Remove "the state" and do the M1PR and CRP from scratch - don't transfer any prior year info when opening the new version of the M1PR

View solution in original post

PATAX
Level 10

Sound advice from Iron Man... In my opinion he should be given credit for answering your question...

TP82
Level 3

I agree!!

PATAX
Level 10

Good job tp82👍