Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in PA-65 on Schedule E

Michelle7
Level 3

We are now getting an error (wasn't there earlier this week) on the PA-65 on schedule E for RK-1s and NRK-1s.  The company does not have any RK-1s or NRK-1s and we can't get the error to go away.

11 Comments 11
SeanS
Level 3

Started after update that finally corrected local.

We had similar issue last year

Michelle7
Level 3

so I guess we sit back and hope they fix it on the next update

Dusty2
Level 7

I am confused.  PA65 is a partnership.  How can a partnership have no PA partners and no outside of PA partners?

Dusty

PATAX
Level 15

@Dusty2 I think Michelle is referring to no rental activity for partners.

0 Cheers
Michelle7
Level 3

This relates to income from another pass through entity into the PA partnership.  The company does not own an interest in another pass through so we enter zeros on lines 22 and 23 of PA Schedule E then Proseries has an error.

0 Cheers
Dusty2
Level 7

I went to a partnership that had no rental on their return with no outside RK-1 or NRK-1.  On Schedule E there were no errors.  I entered 0's on those 2 lines with no errors.

I went to a partnership that had rental on their return with no outside RK-1 or NRK-1.  On Schedule E there were 2 errors on the information you described.  I entered 0's on those 2 lines with no errors.

Dusty

0 Cheers
Michelle7
Level 3

That is strange because when I enter the zeros on those two lines, my error does not go away.

0 Cheers
IntuitKarishmaG
Employee
Employee

Hello Michelle. Could you please kindly provide your tax return file to customer support by calling 1-800-434-6818? Thank you.

0 Cheers
Michelle7
Level 3

Sent!  Thanks for taking a look at this.

0 Cheers
IntuitKarishmaG
Employee
Employee

You're most welcome. There is a new software version that was released yesterday for Pennsylvania which should resolve your issues with Schedule E once you download the latest version. Please let us know if you still face any issues with your return. Thank you!

0 Cheers
Michelle7
Level 3

Looks like the errors are gone.  Thanks so much for the follow up!

0 Cheers