Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error cannot be cleared referring to PDF attachment while the extension box is checked, even though the box is not checked to efile an extension?

JenniferB
Level 2

The extension was not electronically filed and I cannot clear the error regarding the pds attachments.  

The error clearly says, "You have attached pdf attachments while the federal extension checkbox is checked.  Please remove the pdf attachment"

I have removed the attachments multiple times and then reattached.  The extension box is NOT checked and I cannot clear the error.  Seems like a box is checked somewhere to efile the extension but I cannot find it.  

0 Cheers
11 Comments 11
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

Federal information worksheet part Vll first box is to file extension. Make sure you uncheck that box

JenniferB
Level 2

The federal extension box in Part VII is not checked.  I have even removed the 4868 (which was activated to print so the client could mail it with a check), still no luck in resolving the error.

0 Cheers
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

I would exit program, repair updates from windows menu, then try again. If still no luck, then disable error checking, and efile.

JenniferB
Level 2

I did the repair updates in the windows menu, still have the error.  I disabled the error checking, now the file will not transmit electronically.

0 Cheers
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

Looks like a call to support is in your schedule

0 Cheers
jlutzdsc
Level 1

Did you get a solution to this issue?

0 Cheers
JenniferB
Level 2

No I did not get a solution.  We are considering transferring the file from 2021 and re-keying 2022 information.

0 Cheers
shaneh33
Level 1

I have this same issue now, it won't allow me to efile the amended 2021 tax return and keeps giving me that error. Did they end up finding a solution?

0 Cheers
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

any chance that the 'freeze the amounts flowing' box is checked on the 4868?   If so, try unchecking

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
0 Cheers
shaneh33
Level 1

No, its not checked. I am going to just mail it in...

0 Cheers
JenniferB
Level 2

I did not call support, I saved the existing file under another name and transferred the file from 2021 to 2022 then re-keyed the information.  Sent the new file electronically no problem.