Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

enter both SSTB and NON-SSTB from a Partnership

kbm
Level 1

Trying to figure out how to enter a Partnership K-1 for a client oh his individual return where the K-1 from the Partnership has both SSTB and NON-SSTB income...over the past few years I have solved this by simply entering two separate K-1s because I could not figure out how to make the software work....Proseries Tech Support is advising they cannot help with this question and the best way to proceed is to post the question here. Any help would be appreciated. I have to think there is a way to do this without entering two separate k-1s...

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
dkh
Level 15

Does the answer line in Section D2, lines D1-4 ?   If you answer No to D1 but yes to D2 then % in D4 for amount of income for SSTB ?        I'm only suggesting - I do not have experience with this situation.  

0 Cheers
kbm
Level 1

Thank you....yes...I have tried working with this section and can never seem to get it to make much sense...Would appreciate any other input as to how to make entries into this section...I have tried multiple variations and it is just not clear or working.

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

This is like having a K1 with income on line 1 and line 2.  You can't enter both on one K1 in the program, you have to enter two K1s.    I would say your best option, so you know it is accurate, is to enter two K1s like you have been.