Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email address on 1040

HuntFishTax
Level 3

I do not want the email address to print on the 1040, but I can't seem to find where to suppress the printing other than deleting the email address all together in the info worksheet. Is there a print option somewhere to turn it off? 

It's an optional entry and I feel the IRS doesn't need that info, especially when they expressly state they won't email any taxpayer.

It didn't print in the 2020 software and now it does.  Come on Intuit!

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
abctax55
Level 15

Asked/answered several times.

It can't be suppressed. 

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"

View solution in original post

7 Comments 7
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
If you look at 2020 today you'll find that NOW it does show up, an update last summer added this unwanted feature.
No option to block at this time, I think they've got their hands full with the 2021 programming deficits.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
abctax55
Level 15

Asked/answered several times.

It can't be suppressed. 

( Generic Comment )"
HuntFishTax
Level 3

Thanks guys.

Not only does their software suck this year, but the search feature in these forums is GARBAGE. Being unable to sort by a date or a specific search string is like Pre-2000s internet.  Pathetic.

Believe me, I tried searching hard for the answer.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
the search feature is useless in here!

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
abctax55
Level 15

@HuntFishTax 

'Garbage' is being charitable 😂

( Generic Comment )"
Maureen W
Level 2

Previous solutions said you have to delete email from info worksheet, which I did, BUT, now I cannot use esignature because there are no emails in the info worksheet. So not a solution. Anyone know how to get through to the powers that be to tell them to either delete this feature (who in their right mind would want the IRS to have a client's email?), or give us an opt-out checkbox?

0 Cheers
Maureen W
Level 2

I guess the only way that will work is to go back into the return after receiving the docusigned forms, and then delete the email addresses. How many ways is Intuit going to make more work for us, while charging us more?

0 Cheers