Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EIP#3 letters still being mailed out

PATAX
Level 15

Had four clients (100% of my client base 😉) call today who just received EIP #3 letters today...wouldn't it be nice if they sent these letters out before January 31st??? Do not many financial institutions have to report interest income by January 31st? hmmmmm....Reminds me of the old saying: "What is good for the goose is good for the gander"...  Just my opinion.

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rbynaker
Level 13

While I somewhat applaud the effort on the part of the IRS to avoid the situation we had last year where nobody remembered if or how much EIP 1 & 2 they got...  stringing the letter mailing out over a three month period isn't helping much.  At least last year we didn't have to field questions about why the amount on the letter is only half of what was received and why it's only in one spouse's name.

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
rbynaker
Level 13

In one of the news releases I saw, the IRS will be sending them out "through March".

sjrcpa
Level 15

Wonderful.

Ex-AllStar
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

the gift that keeps on giving...yes, now we get to field calls from people asking when theyre getting that additional $1400

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
DTNY07
Level 7

I have had many clients not receive a letter about the 3rd stimulus check.  Or forget that they actually received a letter and didn't save it to give to me with their tax return info.  Almost all of my clients use direct deposit of their refunds.  So, i asked them to check their bank account from March 2021.  Lo and behold, they did receive the stimulus check that they insisted they hadn't 

rbynaker
Level 13

While I somewhat applaud the effort on the part of the IRS to avoid the situation we had last year where nobody remembered if or how much EIP 1 & 2 they got...  stringing the letter mailing out over a three month period isn't helping much.  At least last year we didn't have to field questions about why the amount on the letter is only half of what was received and why it's only in one spouse's name.