Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Efiling clients with K-1 was supposed to happen today 02/21/24. Updating software is ineffective

Greta
Level 9

5 Comments 5
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Updates generally come out late on Wednesday afternoon or early Thursday morning, I make sure to update late today or tomorrow morning, see if that worksheet got finalized.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
jhbvtacpa
Level 5

First it was 02/14, and now we're waiting again for the K-1 update.

Just check 8-10 times today during your idle time and hopefully you'll be able to file.

Greta
Level 9

Updating software no longer is possible under the Proseries update icon. No updates are ever available that way. I had my techie make me a separate icon that uses the corrective roundabout, and that's the only way I an now update, and efile clients with K-1s. Still waiting to open the window to file small business owners who have employees. They now say Feb 27 or 29?

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@Greta wrote:

They now say Feb 27 or 29?

I predict that all of the forms will be ready on February 30th.  Until February 30th comes, there will still be lots of problems with the software. 

😂

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

The K-1 worksheet in the 1040?  I thought that got fixed on Thursday, thats what I saw people saying...did you try to EF the return and it stopped you?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers