Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EFile signature authorizations

PATAX
Level 15

As far as I know if you receive e-file signature authorizations, like via mail,  you are required to e-file the returns within three business days of your receipt thereof, even if the payment for your fees is NOT included. If I am wrong please let me know.

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

You aren't wrong.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
IRonMaN
Level 15

You aren't wrong.

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

Thanks Iron Man. I've efiled returns over the years where I did not receive the payment. I have good clients and they always subsequently paid. But last year I had one that did not pay, an unhappy MFS camper. Like I said before a disproportionately high percentage of MFS = PIA.

Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

I generally just call the client to ask about payment… often they just want to wait for refund or make other arrangements. 

The last person I think I’d  want to stiff is my tax preparer who has all my personal information….except for maybe Sammy da Bull

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
PATAX
Level 15

For some people the elevator does not go to the top floor

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Some tax preparers require a fee (or least a partial fee) before they start the return.

Some require payment before they send the tax return and 8879 to the client.

Some other preparers use a third party software (such as TaxDome) that when you upload the tax return and 8879 to the portal, they can't open those (which means they can't sign the 8879) until they have paid.