Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Efile rejected for no 1095-A information. Code F8962-070.

john61
Level 2

Hello everyone.

I have a return that being rejected for not including form 8962, 1095-A info. She doesn't have Obamacare. Never has. How do I provide a binary attachment to her return to reconcile this?

Thanks

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IntuitCharlene

Hi @john

If the taxpayer, spouse, or dependents enrolled in the marketplace, even if they never activated their policy, the marketplace may have issued them a 1095-A. If the return is e-filed without the 1095-A the IRS will reject the return with Error F8962-070: The e-File database indicates that Form 8962 or a binary attachment with description containing "ACA Explanation" must be present in the return. If the taxpayer is unsure have them contact HealthCare.gov to search for all the SSN's on the tax return. 

There wouldn't be a way to add the e-file binary attachment the IRS is expecting without that source document info. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"

View solution in original post

9 Comments 9
IntuitCharlene

Hi @john

If the taxpayer, spouse, or dependents enrolled in the marketplace, even if they never activated their policy, the marketplace may have issued them a 1095-A. If the return is e-filed without the 1095-A the IRS will reject the return with Error F8962-070: The e-File database indicates that Form 8962 or a binary attachment with description containing "ACA Explanation" must be present in the return. If the taxpayer is unsure have them contact HealthCare.gov to search for all the SSN's on the tax return. 

There wouldn't be a way to add the e-file binary attachment the IRS is expecting without that source document info. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"
john61
Level 2

Hi, thank you for your help.

0 Cheers
kitnTX
Level 2

Hi John.  Thank you for your message about having the client call the HealthCare Med-QUEST.  She did and was issued a 1095-B, not -A.  How do I attach this as a "binary attachment."

Thank you!

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

That means attach as a pdf.

Ex-AllStar
kitnTX
Level 2

but where and how do I attach that for efiling?

0 Cheers
kitnTX
Level 2

Hi John.  There must be a place within the program that allows a pdf as an attachment.  Can you give me a clue?  My client received a 1095-B, although the program continues asking for the 1095-A.  

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

@kitnTX  - John is just a fellow software user.....not necessarily around to answer your questions or provide personalized help.

A search, using the box at the top, provides the following:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/support/en-us/help-article/electronic-filing/attach-pdf-files-federal-...

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
kitnTX
Level 2

You're Awesome. Thank you for this information.  And yes, John is a nice guy and it's wonderful that a tax program person is reading these messages.  Again, Mahalo Nui Loa from Hawaii.

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

@kitnTX - Not on Maui I hope?

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers