Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Efile error on a TX Franchise Tax extension 1065 module - Sch B, line 9 must be entered

bawc79
Level 3

There is no Sch B for a Texas Franchise Tax Report. I've successfully filed TX extensions in the 1120 & 1120S modules but the 1065 is not letting me past this message "TX Franchise Tax Report: Schedule B, line 9 must be entered for electronic filing. Check either Yes or No to file electronically." 

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sewcpa
Level 5

I think that software is referring to the federal return Sch B, line 9.

On some modules ProSeries will not let us file the Franchise Tax (without turning off error ck, sometimes not at all) if there is anything wrong with federal.

The other solution for Franchise Tax issues is once you have a return you are satisfied with and software is not - enter the answers directly on State Comptroller' website (webfile the form) 

[I am waiting on 2 clients for the webfile code to be able to file either thru ProSeries or directly. Ball is in their court at this point]

View solution in original post

2 Comments 2
sewcpa
Level 5

I think that software is referring to the federal return Sch B, line 9.

On some modules ProSeries will not let us file the Franchise Tax (without turning off error ck, sometimes not at all) if there is anything wrong with federal.

The other solution for Franchise Tax issues is once you have a return you are satisfied with and software is not - enter the answers directly on State Comptroller' website (webfile the form) 

[I am waiting on 2 clients for the webfile code to be able to file either thru ProSeries or directly. Ball is in their court at this point]

bawc79
Level 3

Well that was really random! There are 30 other errors in the federal return (I haven't started working on it yet) and it wanted this one question about foreign trusts answered to file the Texas extension. Oh well, it worked. Thank you so much for your time and assistance:)