Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Efile 1040 Rejection with Error Code F8962-070

Taxkidd2
Level 1

Individual 1040 has been rejected twice.  I called ProSeries Support yesterday and described situation, and they were no help.

This error is regarding a Form 8962 with is a calculation of the Premium Tax Credit when taxpayer has secured health insurance through the Marketplace.  He has medical insurance through employer and has 1095-C proving same.  

After receiving the message I opened a Form 8962 to see if I could check something to make it go away, but of course, no.  The ProSeries on the phone yesterday just said remove the form and resend.  It wasn't in my initial efiling, when I got the rejection, so I knew it wasn't that and tried to explain that.  

Anyone have a better solution?

Thank you, Karen K in Sarasota, FL

0 Cheers
8 Comments 8
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

It has been mentioned a number of times the last couple of weeks. I am not sure there is an easy answer, but based on comments it appears that the health insurance marketplace, has linked information on persons with policies to the IRS in time for this filing season.

Several preparers have reported that they had clients who "were just looking around and didn't intentionally sign up" that actually did have insurance, even when they paid no premiums. If this is the case you cannot get the return accepted without getting the 1095-A and reconciling it.

One mentioned answer is for the clients to call the marketplace (that is not the correct name, but it is in some other posts) and ask if they have a 1095-A and get a copy of it.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

IRS has been informed that a 1095A has been issued and includes the the SSN of someone on that tax return.

Your client needs to reach out to healthcare.gov and find out what they have on them.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

Thanks Lisa

I will try to remember healthcare.gov for the next time it is asked.

Jeff

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I think some of the states need to use their states marketplace site, but everyone can get there by going through healthcare.gov initially and being automatically redirected to the right spot..

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
MarinaEA
Level 4

How were you able to resolve this? I am dealing with the exact same situation. The client had insurance through his spouse employer and was issued 1095-C. No 1095-A was issued. 

0 Cheers
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

As mentioned above, you probably need to go to healthcare.gov and request a copy of form 1095-A.

Most of the situations when this was discussed earlier in the year, the clients did not think they had a 1095-A but one had actually been reported to the IRS.

I am not aware of any other resolution.

MarinaEA
Level 4

I just read the error resolution provided by Proseries:

"In order to electronically file this return, you must either provide information shown on the taxpayer's Form 1095-A, or include a binary attachment with description containing "ACA Explanation".'

So if a client isn't able to find a 1095-A, maybe a pdf attachment with the description ACA as mentioned above would work?!

0 Cheers
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

If someone verified with healthcare.gov that the client (Actually it is "no one listed on the return, including taxpayers and dependents" (if I recall)) received a 1095-A then I might try that.