Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-filing Non fiscal year returns

MallyK
Level 1

Why is there no way to e-file returns once Intuit has deemed it done? I paid for 2021 Proseries and have a non fiscal year end client, so they don't file until 2023 their 2021 return. I now have no way to e-file this return ( 990-EZ) and the IRS mandates e-filing of exempt returns. This needs to be fixed. I paid for a service that you arbitrarily cut off. 

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
sjrcpa
Level 15

What do you mean cut off?

As of today, March 9, 2023, 2022, 2021, and 2020 returns can be efiled.

What is the fiscal year of your return?

What year software did you use? 

Have you paid this year's Fast Path fee? That may be your issue.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
MallyK
Level 1

I called  help and proseries does cut off e-filing. My fiscal year ends the following year on April 30th. I was switching software to Lacerte for 2022, but they would not let me e-file a 2021 return even though my extended due date for my 2021 return was March 15, 2023. Plus I didn't want to file in 2022 software since that would have the wrong year. It seems crazy they have a cut off, but they confirmed that they do, so I had to get Lacerte prior year copies and completely redo the return. Just a heads up to anyone else with a weird year end. 

0 Cheers