Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E Filing Lag with EF Status

DCollotta
Level 2

Has anyone notices a Lag/Slowdown is getting updated EF Status.  I have had some that are normally accepted quickly not getting an updated EF Status?

9 Comments 9
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
what do you consider "slow"? More than 48 hours?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
DCollotta
Level 2

I have filed some returns in the past in the morning at 8 am and they are accepted within an hour or two.

I now have 16 returns that are just hanging out with "Sent to IRS" and have not updated all day.

I will qualify my response and say that all of these were filed today.  I will wait and hope they update tomorrow.

I am nervous on Oct 12th.

"Just wondering if the IRS is being weird and or some servers are busy busy."

Fingers Crossed.

Jack
Level 2

Yes.  I submitted an e-filing this morning and still have not heard anything at the federal-end.  Traditionally, the IRS accepts the return with 45 minutes.

sjrcpa
Level 15

I think the IRS system must be getting bogged down by volume. I have some sent around noon that haven't been accepted yet.

Ex-AllStar
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

Thank goodness for this thread.... I just figured the IRS was singling me out...stressing!

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

It was down earlier today for "unplanned maintenance".  It seems to be operational now, but it may take a while to process the backlog.

sewcpa
Level 5

This type of info is what I wish that Intuit would pass on to us. (I can wish even though I do not expect to get it).  I only have 4 hanging out at IRS today

IRonMaN
Level 15

I hold on to what ever 8879s trickled in during the day and transmit them at the end of the day.  I then check on them the following day after they have had a good night's rest.  I never realized that we were supposed to transmit them and get our stop watch out to see how fast they came back 😉

Slava Ukraini!
sewcpa
Level 5

It seems like another slow down this evening Thurs Oct 13.

I was pleased that my slow Wed aft/evening acks came thru this morning